Sunday, December 20, 2015

Monday Mileage

Once again, better late than never, right? My final project was due Sunday night, and of course work was so crazy that I basically finished everything 2 hours before it was due. I was hoping with Christmas coming up that this week would be light at work, so of course we are instead completely swamped! Hey, at least the days go by quickly!

Monday 12/7: Grappling Circuit + 5 Mile Recovery Run
I wasn't feeling sore or stiff at all from yesterday's long run, so I decided to go for a short recovery run to shake things out. It felt great to start the week off with a little bit of fresh air, though I probably should have hit the pool up before. I need to make sure my gym bag is completely packed the night before so I can keep to my 15 minute time limit!

Tuesday 12/8: REST!

This was completely unplanned, but sometimes life happens. The person who assists me at work quit unexpectedly, and we haven't found a replacement. Therefore, I'm pretty much buried at work, so my fiancee decided we'd go in super early to get caught up. I'm glad I decided to work out on Monday, as I was planning to take a rest day then, but when I woke up Monday morning a run sounded fantastic. Yes, you heard that right - I am one of those sick human beings who craves her morning workout.

Wednesday 12/9: Arm Circuit + 5 Mile "Tempo" Run
I was originally planning to swim this morning, but I just wasn't feeling it. So now I get to swim Friday and Sunday if I want to meet my goal for the week. The tempo runs in my plan are supposed to have a 10-15 minute warm up, then build for 15-20 minutes, and finally cool down 5-10 minutes. I decided this would be a great opportunity to break in a new pair of Newtons. As expected, they are fast, so I spent the building portion alternating between a fast run and a normal run. I felt great afterward!

Thursday 12/10: Bike 28 Wet and Cold Miles to Work
Well, I didn't bother to look outside before heading out on my bike ride. If I had, I would have noticed a thick fog/light drizzle and opted for an inside workout. It was also freezing out, so I had a rather slow, wet, and cold ride to work. I'm pretty darn lucky I didn't end up sick. Lesson learned, especially since we're supposed to be in for a rainy winter!

Friday 12/11: Swim 1,400 Yards + Run 9 x 400 M + Bike 12 Miles Home
Each swim is feeling slightly better than the last, so I'm hoping that I'll be in a good place to start working on my speed by the end of December. I had a great run afterward - I did the first three 400 meter intervals at 7.8 mph. My legs were feeling great, so I bumped it up to 7.9 mph for the next three intervals, and then 8.0 mph for the last three! I then proceeded to have a terrible day at work, but at least I got to bike home.

Saturday 12/12: Bike 33 Miles to Work
Good thing I got a decent bike ride in, as I sat on my rear and worked on my final project the entire rest of the day. :( I could tell the stress was getting to me, as this definitely wasn't one of my best bike rides. But, I got the miles in and I started my day out on the right foot!

Sunday 12/13: Arm Circuit + "15k Race" to Work + Bike 12 Miles Home
I made myself work on my final project at work, as I knew there would be no distractions. I was planning to bike to and from work on Saturday, but the project ended up taking longer than expected, so I just took the work vehicle home late Saturday night. I've been meaning to run to work just to say I did, so I can finally check it off my list! I kept a fairly consistent pace on my run - my average pace was 7:42/mile. The bike ride home was quick, thanks to a strong tailwind.

*Goals from last week*
1. Swim at least twice - nope, only once again :(
2. Stretch more consistently - on it!
3. Keep the morning routine under 15 minutes - this is getting better...

**Goals for next week**

1. Swim at least twice
2. Stretch more consistently
3. Keep the morning routine under 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment