Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Monday Mileage - Yet Another Two-Fer

Holy moly, where did the time go?! I'm going to get better about publishing this weekly and on time in 2016, I promise! 

Monday 12/14: Run 5 Miles
I was originally just going to swim, but when I got to the gym, the pool was full! Darn people getting a head start on their new year's resolutions! Thankfully, I walk to the gym in running shoes and I always keep an extra pair of gym clothes in my bag. So instead I went for a run on the treadmill. Since I get bored running at the same pace, I went up and down from 5.5 to 7.5 mph several times

Tuesday 12/15: Bike 19 Miles to Work
We had a networking event that went pretty late last night. Ok, late by my standards - we didn't get home until around 11:00 PM. So I slept in, once again by my standards - until 5:30 AM, and took the shorter route to work. The cold air in my face helped wake me up and shake off the cheap wine I consumed the night before. I knew I had to get a ride in or I would be in a fog all day. Getting old is no fun. :(

Wednesday 12/16: Run 3 Miles + Swim 1,500 Yards
Nothing too exciting here. The run was pretty similar to the one I did on Monday. However, I discovered that if I swim after I run, the pool is pretty much empty. Apparently everyone likes to swim at 5:00 AM when the gym opens. Hopefully the new years resolutions crowd doesn't figure this out too!

Thursday 12/17: Arm Circuit + Bike 26 Miles to Work

I was doing so well sticking to my 15 minute time limit, and then I got back to my dilly dallying ways. It is so easy to get sucked into emails, Instagram, Facebook, and all the other entertainment my phone has to offer. Somehow, I need to get it into my head that longer bike ride > junk on phone! It doesn't help that it is freezing outside - I do have to do a pep talk, as the first 10 minutes or so on the saddle can be pretty miserable.

Friday 12/18: 45 Minute Tempo Run + Swim 1,000 Yards
Once again, the dilly dallying cut into my morning workout. Had I been better organized, I could have gotten a 1,600 yard swim in. Otherwise, I had a great workout. I felt pretty strong during both the run and the swim. 

Saturday 12/19: Arm Circuit + Run 5 Miles

My fiance made it sound like he was interested in a bike ride, so I just went on a short run. Then, of course, I get home and he has decided he'd rather walk up to get breakfast..and mimosas. I did get a TON of walking in due to the fact that we walked to breakfast, walked to all our errands, and then walked with friends to see Christmas lights. 

Sunday 12/20: Run 11 Miles
This was one of those runs where, as I started running, it very quickly became apparent that my only goal was going to be to actually run all 11 miles. My poor today isn't used to running five times a week, and it showed during this run. I was pretty proud of myself for sticking to it and finishing the run - mental stamina has always been a weak spot of mine, and I definitely need to build it up if I want to finish a marathon in 2016.

Monday 12/21: Arm Circuit + Bike 26 Miles to Work
I was feeling pretty tired and worn out on this bike ride - in retrospect, I definitely should have taken a rest day instead! 

Tuesday 12/22: 30 Minute Tempo Run + Swim 1,600 Yards
Work was super crazy, so I decided to keep the run short so I could get into work early. I did a pyramid interval of sorts, gradually building up to a pace of 7:30/mi and then back down. I felt pretty stiff throughout most of the swim, most likely due to the fact that I didn't take a rest day on Monday.

Wednesday 12/23: Run 8 x 400 M + Swim 1,700 Yards
I was really supposed to do a 5 mile run, but I decided to mix things up and do the 400 meter intervals, as I really like that workout. Apparently, I am grossly underestimating myself, as I ran up to 8.3 mph, no problem. Afterward, I got a lovely 1,700 yard swim in. I'm definitely starting to feel a lot stronger in the pool!

Thursday 12/24: Bike 32 Miles
We worked really hard Monday through Wednesday so that we wouldn't have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Thankfully, nothing came up last minute, so our hard work paid off. We host Christmas Eve dinner at our house, so I got a nice bike ride in before getting the house ready and finishing up some last-minute grocery shopping. It would have been nice to go on a longer ride, but I had plenty to do at home. Dumb responsibilities! ;)

Friday 12/25: 6.7 Mile Bike Ride...That Was Supposed to be 25 :(
While cleaning my tri bike late last month, I ripped the seat in such a way that the bike was un-rideable (unless I wanted to destroy my bike shorts). I purchased a new seat, but work and school have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to have my little brother over to help me install it. We finally installed it on Christmas Eve, and I was so excited to try it out. Sadly, I got a flat, and my tires have this evil wire bead that make them impossible to remove without a hair dryer and some serious elbow grease. It looks like I'll be getting GatorSkins on this bike too. The good news is that for the short while I rode it, I loved my new seat!

Saturday 12/26: Arm Circuit + 3 Mile Pace Run + 13 Mile Bike Ride
The plan for today was originally for me to get a quick pace run in while my fiance slept in. Then were were going to go on a 30-ish mile bike ride together. Sadly, it was cold and windy out, and apparently he doesn't warm up on the bike like I do. The poor thing made it about 8 miles until he had enough and we headed home. I guess I could have kept on going, but I decided it was probably best to get home and get some chores done around the house.

Sunday 12/27: Bike 29 Miles
This was a great ride! I finally got a decent ride in on my tri bike. It was breezy out, so I made sure to fight the wind on the way up the bike path so I could fly home. It was a great way to end the week. :)

*Goals from last week*
1. Swim at least twice - finally, yes!
2. Stretch more consistently - sort of...I definitely have more room for improvement!
3. Keep the morning routine under 15 minutes - sort of...

**Goals for next week**
1. Get two 2,000 yard swims in
2. Actually publish Monday Mileage on every Monday :)
3. Actually keep the morning routine under 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment